Public Attractions

Carnegie West Library

The Carnegie West Branch is located in the heart of Ohio City in Frank Novak Park. Carnegie West may be accessed by RTA bus routes 79 and 79A, as well as the W. 25th–Ohio City Rapid Station. The library offers free wifi, public computers with Internet access, and 3D printing. Carnegie West offers one large meeting room that seats up to 50, a medium meeting room that seats up to 12, and two small meeting rooms that seat four to six patrons.

Read More

South Branch Library

South Branch opened on June 12, 1911, as the eighth branch within the Cleveland Public Library system built with Carnegie funds. The historic building was renovated in the mid-2010s. The restoration preserved, among other aspects, the original stone façade, the interior woodwork, the perimeter shelving, and the fireplace. A new addition features a second entrance on Clark Avenue that is ADA-compliant to ensure all patrons can easily access and use the library facilities. The restored branch also includes quiet study rooms, separate teen and children’s spaces, a sound booth, a multipurpose room, and a large meeting space that can be accessed after hours. South Branch has a large collection in Spanish of movies, fotonovelas, magazines, music, novels, and informational books, as well as a great selection of English language materials.

Read More